Sunday, June 17, 2012

exams and dramas

Exams are going to start in just a few weeks. However, the urge to procrastinate has not yet ceased. 


Since the last drama season, I have gone all crazy about Korean dramas (to think about it, it's not that I've gone all crazy, but it seems that my addiction has gone to a more serious stage). Anyway, the new drama season has started already and I think that there's none which can be called failed drama, i.e. Fashion King.


A Gentleman's Dignity
At first, I thought that this drama would be somewhat boring and things, remembering that the story is centered on four 40-year-old men aka ahjussi. But then, I start to watch it and fall in love with the story line and characters, especially, the main character who acts super cheesy sweet with his so-called one-sided love. 
I love this drama more and more, because the other dramas seem to be in somewhat trending genre (time-travel, older woman with younger man, changing body) and this one seems to be standing out by having 4 ahjussis as main characters plus 'normal' story line.
By the way, after watching all others, I conclude that this one is the best in this season. =) 


Big
It's quite funny, the story line is nice, the main actor's acting is great. But it has always been such a pain in the neck, when I watch something with fantasy as a genre. However, as this is a Hong Sisters' drama, I expect this one to be a great drama with a happy ending.




I Do I Do
I watch the entire episodes till now and don't know, when I will stop watch this one altogether, considering that I dislike the fact that the main female role is far older than the main male role plus the fact that she is going to end up with the handsome youngster, although there's a nice good-looking mature caring kinda-perfect guy, who apparently also a doctor.
I have never really liked Kim Sun-A anyway, in spite of her great acting skills.


Time Slip Dr. Jin
Another time travelling story (but yeahhh.., Rooftop Prince will still be the best).
I love the main actor (Song Seung-Heon) and actress (Park Min Young), but the story line doesn't seem so promising. By the way, there're some displeasing scenes but still bearable, e.g. cholera break-out scenes with lots of diarrhea and throwing up, opening skull.
Unlike 'Big', I'm doubtful with the ending of the story, because it might end up with something like Rooftop Prince (somewhat unclear and rather sad).


Other than that, I have no interest whatsoever in these dramas:

  • Ghost (I read the summary, not interested; skimmed the first episode, not interested; don't think that it will worth a watch.)
  • Bridal Mask (I read the summary, really not interested in it; wonder, why the rating could be so high, though. Maybe I will watch it someday later.)



=)
SVialli
[02.37]
[7 - 17/06/12]

No comments:

Post a Comment