Saturday, February 4, 2012

Man of Honor / 영광의 재인 / Glory Jane / Youngkwangeui Jaein (2011)

I have just finished watching another korean drama, which called Man of Honor / 영광의 재인 / Glory Jane / Youngkwangeui Jaein (yeah.., during my so called exams weeks; my friend told me that I should watch it during these weeks because there's a high chance to achieve better scores by watching drama instead of studying =P). 


There's a total of 24 episodes. At first, I didn't plan to watch it till the end of my exams weeks (which is in the middle of February). But then, he said something about the screenwriter. It turned out that he's the one who wrote King of Baking (I really like this drama, even though this one is such a long drama with 30 episodes). From that moment, I couldn't resist myself anymore. xDD
Some of the things that I like about this drama:

  • There're so many twists in the story.
This fact came to the my mind direct in the very beginning of this drama. One can simply know that there're so many secrets that wait to be unveiled. Therefore, one needs to watch it till the end to know how things turn out to be and what's more in those secrets.
  • Around the beginning of it, one of the role said (something like) this: 'Giving up is the easiest way out'.

Those words were kind of hitting me quite hard, remembering that in nearly every other time I had a thought of giving things up (not that I am now or while watching this series). But it did open my eyes wider. I hope that I would never be such a coward.

  • And there's another one that I like: 'Hope is nowhere!' is actually 'Hope is now here!'.

I really do like this one because it's simply quite a creative way to express thing (I don't know whether it's taken from other source or things like that).

  • It's not only a love story between a man and a woman.

Normally, in a drama, the story would 'only' tell us about things happened between a man and a woman, the love they have for each other, another man or woman wants to snatch away their beloved or things like that.
This drama tells more than that. It showed me the essence of faith, friendship, familypersistence, dream, motivation and much more.


About the actors and actresses
They were so well chosen. Some of them:

  • The first one, whom I took notice of, was the main actress (Park Min Young). 

She's simply gorgeous. As far as I can remember, as long as the main actress(es) has/have acting skills, the main actor(s) is/are okay (good looking or charming or great acting skills) and the plot is well made, I would be content enough to watch it without thinking about the main actress. But then, there she was, so gorgeously charming. One simply can't ignore her charms (the way she smiles and such).

  • And then, I noticed the 'mean' main actor (Lee Jang Woo). 

Dang, I didn't really realize that he has such a great acting skills till he had stupor (in my opinion, he's not that good looking or such and I didn't really like him when I watched some episodes of his We Got Married series). He even reminded me of the elevator scene by Hyun Bin in Secret Garden (Y U must go to army??!).

  • There's also one actor whom one simply can't not take notice of (Park Sung Woong).

During the entire episodes I really thought (and still think) that he looks like the anonymous mask




I believe that this korean drama worths a watch. 



More info: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Man_of_Honor.




=)
SVialli
[18.49]
[6 - 04/02/12]

No comments:

Post a Comment